We are accepting submissions on the theme of ‘Connection’ for our third Online TCK Art Gallery. Third Culture Kids are connected to people groups, friends, languages, and passports in unique and complex ways. Our experiences are full of connections we create, grieve over, and long for.
A connection to home, seemingly out of reach.
A connection to friends and family in distant countries.
A connection to our cultures which shape us.
Each of us has our own unique story which can be told through the connections of our past, present and future. Feel free to explore and interpret this topic how you would like within our wonderful culture
Submission date is May 30th, 2021. A judge will select three pieces which they enjoyed.
All mediums are accepted, but they must be able to be shown online in some regard. In the past we have had poems, paintings, photos, pottery, and audio recordings, so feel free to get creative. They will be posted on this blog and on this Instagram page.
Don’t worry if you aren’t a professional. This is more about telling the stories of TCK’s than it is about artistic prowess. 🙂
The submisison guidelines are as follows-
- The submission date will be the 30th of May. Late submissions are encouraged and accepted, but might be put up later.
- Please include a 50-100 word summary of your piece, and why it represents the theme (If you wish to include a longer analysis it will not show up next to the piece, but will have a link to it so people will still be able to access it).
- All submissions must be in electronic format. Please take a picture/send a video/send a file in the highest quality possible.
- Submissions in any language are encouraged. Don’t feel pressure to provide a translation. However, if there isn’t one I will find a fluent speaker to help provide a suitable one. If this is the case I will get in touch to ensure that the translation is suitable for your art.
- Submissions may be previously existing pieces, but must be your own.
- If you want to include your name then we will give you the credit with your work on the website. However, anonymous submissions are also accepted.
Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions.
If you haven’t already, pleas check out the previous Online TCK Art Galleries,